The WMSS is one of, if not the largest, RC soaring clubs in Michigan. We are an active group with training nights, club contests,
trips to slopes, regional and national contest activities, picnics, club building sessions, club aircrafts, club hats and T-Shirts,
special activity awards, records and more…
If you are interested in fun or competition our members will be glad to help. Winch launch equipment is available to
members on site and group flying and training times are available. Once a beginner pilot has soloed they can fly anytime.
Getting started in RC Soaring
Our group has strong background in the latest innovations in R/C soaring and sources of products and materials for soaring
and electric flying. We are an active social group as well with Christmas and New Years events and other social activities and
encourage junior flyers with special dues programs for family members and young flyers.
Directions to the field:
Take 131 to Exit 101, go west on 14 mile to Pennington. Take Pennington north to drive just past the third
house on the right.
Notice: drive marked on map to left. Stay on two track when entering field.
Please keep the speed down on the dirt roads. Thanks
We are typically flying every Wednesday evening and Saturday or Sunday at noon from May through October (weather allowing). On the upper left corner of the home page is a list of upcoming events where we also post the flying schedule.
2052 Winston View Dr.
Cedar Springs, MI 49506
The purpose of WMSS:
1. To facilitate growth in the art of design, construction and flying of radio controlled soaring planes.
2. To serve fairly and in proper balance those people with interest in radio controlled soaring, whether their interests are thermal soaring, slope soaring, competition or sports flying for personal achievement.
3. To gather and disseminate information on glider design, construction and soaring techniques, kit evaluation, and launching techniques.
4. To promote safety in radio controlled soaring.
5. To promote an annual soaring contests open to all members, of the soaring community and club meets in a manner that will consider the needs and desires of all the members.
6. To provide assistance to individuals interested in learning soaring.
7. To provide information on meets and notification of all members of soaring schedules.
8. To promote the advancement of member soaring skills through the attainment of League of Silent Flight (LSF) skill levels