Membership - Getting started flying RC Gliders
Our members include beginners, experienced pilots and national champions. We offer a great resource for those curious to try something new and advanced flyers looking for serious competition to hone their skills.
We have a League of Silent Flight (LSF) coordinator who will give you the forms to start the LSF accomplishments program. This program has shown much success as 8000 pilots have learned through its system of goals and accomplishments.
- Access to flying field
- Winch launch equipment use
- Monthly newsletter
- Complete access to rcsoaring.org; including news, calendar, forum and more.
- Monthly membership meetings
- Club contests
- Shop night on most weeks
- Help in buying planes, radios and gear
- and more...
Annual Membership Dues are:
Standard Membership $30
Family Membership $30*
Under 19 years old by September 1 of current year $1
Senior Member 65 or over by September 1 of the current year $15
* counts as one vote
WMSS members must belong to the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) which provides low cost liability insurance. If you need to join the AMA you can sign up online at: www.modelaircraft.org or pick up an application at your local hobby shop.
If you would like to try out RC Soaring contact us (616) 997-1905. We will help you get started and show you how much fun it is.
West Michigan Soaring Society
2052 Winston View Dr.
Cedar Springs, MI 49506
The purpose of WMSS is:
- To facilitate growth in the art of design, construction and flying of radio controlled soaring planes.
- To serve fairly and in proper balance those people with interest in radio controlled soaring, whether their interests are thermal soaring, slope soaring, competition or sports flying for personal achievement.
- To gather and disseminate information on glider design, construction and soaring techniques, kit evaluation, and launching techniques.
- To promote safety in radio controlled soaring.
- To promote an annual soaring contests open to all members, of the soaring community and club meets in a manner that will consider the needs and desires of all the members.
- To provide assistance to individuals interested in learning soaring.
- To provide information on meets and notification of all members of soaring schedules.
- To promote the advancement of member soaring skills through the attainment of League of Silent Flight (LSF) skill levels